 Castle / 13545
Re: Update: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 21:12:50 GMT

Hi all
I am new to Lugnet posting, and find that sadlyI will be unable to attend
Brickfest, as I had intended on doing last year, and this year too. :( I
keep missing out, lol. Well I am hoping all goes well for you, and somone
take a LOT of pictures for me ok? ;-) talk to you al later, alot more,(I
talk alot)
Thanks,
M. (call me Elf!) Taylor!
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Andy Lynch writes:
Hey Jeff,
I'd like to get two adjacent plots in the town layout allocated for me.
:-)  I'm hoping to bring more, but building time is rare these days.

Alright, I'll mark down two plots and upload a new layout image as soon as
Brickshelf is back up.

Some questions regarding the layout... I understand that you are
supplying the roads between the buildings, and that sounds great, but I
was wondering what you were planning on doing with them.  I'd like to
have the plots of land around my houses ( 1 or 2 studs at most ) blend
in with the surrounding road.  Should I just try to keep those parts of
the plots a neutral earth like color, like brown, tan or green?

The roads will be stone paved, so any "borders" would probably depend on your
building(s).  :)

Regarding your choices for events:
Large Scale Castle Building:  I'd love to sit in on this one.  Looking
forward to this.

Thanks, great to hear it!  :)

MOC Show and Tell:  I like this idea.  People can get a chance to point
out some of the aspects of their MOCs that might be overlooked in a
whole room full of neat stuff.  Plus it is a better chance to associate
a face and name with a MOC.  Brickfest is great for meeting people, but
not everyone get the chance to identify people they interact with
online.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  Hopefully everyone will be interested in
joining in.  :)

Alternate Building Ideas:  I like this one too.  Sharing ideas is always
good.

Well, bring some examples of architectural features with you, then!  :)

Tournament:  Sounds neat, but I am not a member of Castle World.  Mostly
because I have no time to write stories, as much as I would love to be
able to.  If I were to participate in something like this, then I
wouldn't want it to take a really long time, as the past two years I
spent a lot of time playing Evil Stevie's Pirate game with Frank Filz
and his gang.  I really loved the pirate game, but I can't help but feel
that I missed so much.  I'm going to wander around more this year.  :-)

I don't think there will be a tournament, unfortunately.  The time involved in
organizing it isn't worth it for the lack of interest I've seen.  Maybe next
year...

I'd have opened the tournament up to everyone, though.  ;)

Model Judging:  Not sure how this one would work.  Is this something
that would go on the whole weekend, or at a particular time?

There is a specific time set aside for voting, mostly so people know when they
need to vote by, and to give everyone ample opportunity to enter their MOCs.

Right now, it looks like we'll be doing some sort of popular vote contest,
since no one has volunteered to be a judge.

Anyway, really looking forward to Brickfest.  Hope we have a nice turn
out for Castle.  :-)

As do I.  A lot of people have noted interest in Castle, and I hope that means
they intend to participate rather than just stop by for a few minutes.  :)

Jeff Stembel
Castle Room Coordinator
http://www.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/~150/
Brickfest 2002