 Castle / 13535
Re: Update: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:34:51 GMT

Hey Jeff,
I'd like to get two adjacent plots in the town layout allocated for me.
:-)  I'm hoping to bring more, but building time is rare these days.

Some questions regarding the layout... I understand that you are
supplying the roads between the buildings, and that sounds great, but I
was wondering what you were planning on doing with them.  I'd like to
have the plots of land around my houses ( 1 or 2 studs at most ) blend
in with the surrounding road.  Should I just try to keep those parts of
the plots a neutral earth like color, like brown, tan or green?

Regarding your choices for events:
Large Scale Castle Building:  I'd love to sit in on this one.  Looking
forward to this.

MOC Show and Tell:  I like this idea.  People can get a chance to point
out some of the aspects of their MOCs that might be overlooked in a
whole room full of neat stuff.  Plus it is a better chance to associate
a face and name with a MOC.  Brickfest is great for meeting people, but
not everyone get the chance to identify people they interact with
online.

Alternate Building Ideas:  I like this one too.  Sharing ideas is always
good.

Tournament:  Sounds neat, but I am not a member of Castle World.  Mostly
because I have no time to write stories, as much as I would love to be
able to.  If I were to participate in something like this, then I
wouldn't want it to take a really long time, as the past two years I
spent a lot of time playing Evil Stevie's Pirate game with Frank Filz
and his gang.  I really loved the pirate game, but I can't help but feel
that I missed so much.  I'm going to wander around more this year.  :-)

Model Judging:  Not sure how this one would work.  Is this something
that would go on the whole weekend, or at a particular time?

Anyway, really looking forward to Brickfest.  Hope we have a nice turn
out for Castle.  :-)

-Andy Lynch