 Castle / 1274
Re: Your Opinion Please :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 19:33:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Should I get the "King Leo's Castle" (6091) set or 18 of the
"King Leo" (6026) set??  The castle set has the King, Queen,
Princess, both Soldiers, but the structure doesn't look good.

If I get a bunch of the small set I get a small army.  Either
way it's $99 from Lego S@H.

If ordering from S@H consider getting the castle - you need something to have
your army stay in, defend, or attack.  I would wait to get the 6026s when • K-Mart
runs one of it's many 20% off sales - and then stock up.

From my experience, as cool as armies are, they still need a purpose - like a
city, a castle, or something of that sort.  It's a nice prop for you to start
building around.

... then come the smaller shops, maybe a little church (sounds familiar - all
Eric K. needs is a castle now;) and you are set.  You have your own little
kingdom.  THEN focus on an army.

My $.02 about castle.

I'd have to agree... get the castle.
Reasons why:
- roughly 550 pieces vs. 342 pieces, same cost
- If you don't have the castle, you won't get the brown falcon, the princess,
the queen, or the other cool 'good' knight... you also won't get any bulls for
them to fight, or a large amount of bricks (even though 6091's selection isn't
great)
- you can always wait, as pawel suggests to get stuff for 20 percent off or
something if money's a major issue... you just won't have it NOW! Given that
Ames has done 2 buy one get one 1/2 off, that's even 25% off... even better!
Even then, SOMEONE out there will eventually start offering soldiers on ebay,
and they'll probably sell for under 2.50 apiece (considering you can get 4811
for around 2 bucks)...

Anyway, that's my $0.02... if you have to decide between those two options...
opt for the castle... you can always make temporary guys for your army from
other genres until you have more 'figs...

DaveE