 Castle / 12391
  Heraldry - help!

Hi all, Can anybody refer me a good site to look for info about heraldry? I mean, not those commercial "Find your family shield!" sites, rather those with actual dimensions and conventions for actual shields. Real life ones. My ultimate purpose is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

i went on google.com and searched under "portuguese shield", and i found this. hopefully is what you need. (URL) hope this works. -lenny (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

By The Way - Heraldry actually has nothing to do with dimensions or conventions of shields. Heraldry is a system using the written word to describe a visual representation of a crest or coat of arms (the identifying insignia, be it personal or (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

(...) but they are too small to draw any good conclusiona about their measurements. (...) It's a start. Unfortunately, the measurements are the important part for an accurate rendition of the shield. :-( Pedro (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Heraldry - help!

(...) Yes, you are right. I just read an e-mail sent by someone who knows about this, and there was a small explanation. According to that same e-mail, there isn't a single document where the shield is defined. Shameful for our legislators... so (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.pt)