 Castle / 11827
Re: Orthanc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:39:12 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
In lugnet.castle, Richie Dulin writes:

Beautiful, Richie.  I particularly like the details around the base.  The
shot of Saruman at the top against the sky is also cool.  I've got to start
thinking about how I'm going to do Orthanc.

Bruce

Thanks! I would have liked to have done the whole thing in black (actually,
dark grey would have been even better...), but alas.

I think outward sloping 2x1x3 steep slopes give a 'middle earthian' look,
and they have an open stud at the top, so an inward curving katana can
complete the effect.

The tower seperates at the grey and black section, and the base can be used
as a standalone fortress (no doors in the black section though, so I can't
simulate the 'Two Towers').

Cheers

Richie