 Castle / 11706
Re: New pictures of some Old creations :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 02:37:18 GMT

Bruce,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu>
In lugnet.castle, Andy Lynch writes:

Castle Corner Tower:

Eureka!

(smacks self in forehead)

I just saw that your corner tower was back up on the "recent" page at
Brickshelf so I looked again and saw your "Count spaces, not studs" • note.
Thanks!  I'd made a half-hearted attempt at doing right triangles one • night
while watching TV and they never worked.  Now I know why.  :)  Of • course it
is obvious immediately after you mention it--it's a case of "start • counting
from zero, not one".  You'd think all those years of math would have • been a
better help to me.

I have to keep reminding myself that little rule when I'm building.  I
keep forgetting too.  It makes it a bit hard to plan things out, but I
muddle through.  :-)

-Andy Lynch