 Castle / 11334
Re: Caerany update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:43:17 GMT

http://www.lugnet.com/~1168/caerany/

Nice job! I like your storyline, it has a lot of potential for conflicts
(which I like): intrigue, territorial disputes, a heavy-handed occupying
government, freedom fighters, etc.

thank you.. i was hoping that all those elements were coming through!

I like the two battles, too. I like how the
second one shows that early gunpowder weapons were not necessarily invincible
on the battlefield.

this was actually very important in the entire story, since the occuping gov't
has gunpowder how could anyone fight them? but in reality there are some major
limitations to guns and how they are used.  but the key in the two battles were
how bad decisions on one side and good decisions on another could come out with
two different endings.

in future battles, like perhaps one with Kian (the rebel) vs. Sutton (the gov't
army).. 2 great generals with good troops, well we'll see how such a thing
might turn out.. the next battles i do will be much longer and more
complicated.

The cities and city descriptions are nicely done, and I
like the weapons encyclopedia you included (the Hacksword is nasty looking!).
Between the story and your descriptions of the tribes and nations, you've
really captured the feel of an entire country. Keep it up!

its what i was hoping for.. i wanted to create an entire world of lego.. if i
had the space and money, i would try to actually build the entire world, like
the country side and everything.. but i don't so that won't ever happen.

thanks for your input man!
peace
-lenny

Steve