 Castle / 11083
Re: Feedback for custom minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:51:15 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
very nice stuff.. the stickers look really well done and look nice as well.
however, one thing i would like to see is larger animals on the shields and
breastplates.  the only way i know who is a phoenix is that you say what they
are.  the griffins excepted, i think all the animals are a little bit on the
smallish side.

I agree, I like the griffin design a lot, but the pheonix and espcially the
bear could be bigger. You could also add chevrons, lilies and cross bands
and stuff. Also, some of the shields seemed to be in a colour between red
and orange, and didn't look very "legoish", if that makes sense. I really
like the torso designs.

If I can afford it over Xmas, I'd like to order one of each faction, just to
have as individual knights without a retinue. If you do get around to the
sticker sheet idea, you could make one sticker sheet for every faction, and
perhaps one sticker sheet with one set of stickers for each faction. I don't
know how long it takes to think up and print each design, but I'd love a
sticker sheet with lots of different coats of arms. Not every knight needs
to lead his own private army, but each knight should have his own coat of arms.

If you're feeling really adventurous, you could start subdividing shields,
perhaps quartering a griffin design with the pheonix. Or you could see how
you can modify the already existing official lego factions, say quartering
the griffin with the forestmen's elk. Or putting a golden chevron over the
black Falcons shield. The possibilities are endless.

Also, we've never seen an offical black knights dragon torso, or a
dragonmasters' torso that has the same design as their shields (and vice
versa). We've yet to see a torso with the forestman's elk imprinted on it,
or a crossaxe crusader shield or a blue lion crusader torso. Has anyone had
a go at this kind of thing?

Lego heraldry is fun!

While we're on the subject of customised minifigs, can anyone tell me who it
was who posted those excellent norman helmets and crusader great helms a
while back (together with some great customied stickers from real crusader
orders). Were these ever prduced for sale at all? I could use a bunch of
helmets for my expanding armies (I'm giving helmets to the wolfpack and
forestman guys, and they don't come with helmets), and I know I could use a
boatload of the Norman helmets especially.

cheers

Magnus