 Castle / *20177 (-20)
  Re: Santiago's Gate

(...) You should be--that is FANTASTIC! I love the depth to the detail--layering of arches and so forth. I've found myself that I do a lot more of that when working from a real-world prototype... I need to do more of that to develop my own skill. I (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Santiago's Gate

Hi everybody.....again..... This weekend seems to be a great weekend to build some lego castles, so here it's another MOC I'm very proud of it.... The Santiago's Gate is based on a real Gate that allow access to the old village of Trujillo, located (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Wolfpack Hideout

(...) sorry.... I have only chaged the name of the folder, I didn't know that this need supervision again..... now It's public.... juan (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wolfpack Hideout

(...) Deep links? The folder isn't public yet. -Orion (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Wolfpack Hideout

Hi everybody...... One of the latest post on classic-castle (What is your favorite faction?), makes me thing about building something for the Wolfpack (one of my favorites factions.....).... I'm working on a modular medieval town (CCC standard), so (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle) !

  My side of NWBrickCon

A week after the fact, but here is my side of NWBrickCon. First off it was great to see everyone again and those I met for the first time. Eric, Chris, Soren, and others, it was great meeting you, I look forward to seeing you at future Cons. A (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Rare Items and Etc.

Hey all, Here's my latest CCC MOC so far: (URL) Rare Items and Etc> Photos: (URL) The shop. (URL) As in my usual style, I kept the back open. The shop, though small, remains on the bottom. The owner lives upstairs. (URL) The owner has recently had a (...) (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  My obligatory NWBC post - too much fun for just one weekend

Hey all, I finally had some alone quiet time to do the picture thing. My images of all of NWBC, as well as a bit of our (Eric Sophie and me) roadtrip, are now online. (URL) I had so much fun out there. It was great to meet new people (Marks 1,2,3, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.people, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Classic Wars: The Battle Between Good and Shpleem

(...) RE: PowerPoint size Apologies for not warning earlier... yes - it contains a lot of pictures - almost 100 I believe. RE: Timings. Yes, I uploaded the same presentation used during the convention, which had 2-3 second timings to keep audience (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Classic Wars: The Battle Between Good and Shpleem

(...) Good fun! Like Tim said, the timing is a little off 'cause it changes frames just after all the text visualize on some of them. A word of warning for non-broadband users; The file is ~25.2MB! (zipping it it became 24.8MB). (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Classic Wars: The Battle Between Good and Shpleem

(...) Well played. Very funny! :-) A small bit of feedback on the slide show - it went a little too fast to read the captions and see all that was going on in the image. Perhaps slow it down a couple seconds? -Tim (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Classic Wars: The Battle Between Good and Shpleem

For those of you classic theme fans, the Classic Wars continued at Northwest BrickCon with Episode 3: The Battle Between Good and Shpleem. What is the Classic Wars? Why it's a good natured and prankster-style competition between the castle and space (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Ye Olde Glass Shoppe (first CCC-style creation)

(...) Woah Lenny, I'm truly flattered. Thanks, Dean (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: here is a cool castle idea

(...) So, yeah, that was sorta the idea behind the new castle project and behind the classic sets way long ago (though admittedly the classic sets weren't *quite* as modular as what you're talking about here). But, here's a thought on that-- how (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: here is a cool castle idea

In lugnet.dear-lego, Jonathan Wilson wrote: = (...) Exactly. This was, indeed, the idea behind the sets in this era: (URL) ((URL) puts them together in this picture: (URL) Furman has an awesome MOC series along these lines: (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: here is a cool castle idea

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:HMHGxM.1qoD@lugnet.com... (...) etc) (...) castles. (...) etc. (...) various (...) Wasnt that the idea in the King Leo's castle of poop?? and the Ninja castle. OK so it wasnt very well (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  here is a cool castle idea

I have seen several castle toys that are basicly a bunch of different "modules" (like wall pieces, towers, turrets, gates etc) plus some people to put on those modules and then an attacking army (with siege engines etc) to attack it. You can arrange (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle = yes

(...) Although I am sympathetic to the idea of having more generic 'figs in sets, I don't really agree that "we never had enough Black Falcons . . . to man the walls". Looking back, Castle sets over the years have a very high ratio of 'figs and (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle = yes

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Lenny Hoffman wrote: [about a possible future Castle theme] (...) What I find interesting is that when I think of carefully scripted product lines, I can only think of Rock Raiders, Bionicle, and Orient Expedition. Assuming this (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: City Gate

(...) Thanks. I was trying to create something that fits in with the new standard. I wanted this to be a slightly smaller moc like Jon Furman's creations. In that way it is a good combination that links new and old. I am happy that you like the gate (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact