 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 336
Re: 1st Render
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 17:11:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jason Ellis writes:
The figure is just a blacktron fig made in MLCad.  I Then just put him in the
cockpit of the Azreal dat file, and then converted the dat to pov.  The fig
sits with his legs at right angles to his torso, which is not how the fig in
real life sits in the MOC.  He's got more of a 135 degree arc between the legs
and the torso.  Anyway, I was too lazy to get the fig dat in the proper
orientation to sit in the cockpit so I just plopped him in there.  If you look
closely enough you'll see that his right hand has materialized inside the
brick that makes up the side of the cockpit.

Ogowch!  :-)

Hmm, too bad LEGO didn't make Han Solo in carbonite by recessing him into a
1x4x5 brick instead of printing him onto a 1x2x5...

LOL!  Just watched the movie _Dogma_ last night -- how's that as
coincidences go?

Actually its not much of a coincidence.  I'd had the name Loki picked out
for a tank a couple of years ago so it got named that.  I was then at a lost
for other names and being a fan of Kevin Smith I just used other names from
Dogma.

LOL -- oops, I guess that was ambiguous...  :-)  I meant a coincidence from my
point of view -- I watch _Dogma_ on Saturday night and then I come across your
page on Sunday which uses those names (which I was pretty sure came from the
movie since there were three :-).  I can't count the number of times I've
heard or seen a word or pair of words one day and then suddenly become aware
of them a day or two later in other places.  It's not always a coincidence but
usually just an awareness thing.  This one was a very pleasant coincidence!  :)

Besides they're pretty cool names.  I soon hope to have a Randal,
Dante, and a Brody.  But what they're going to be I have no idea.

That would be fun!  BTW, have you seen the faux trailer for _Trooper_Clerks_?

--Todd