 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 331
Re: 1st Render
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 21:28:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Jason Ellis writes:
Hey all, I got my first rendering done and posted to the web.  It can be
seen here:

http://www.geocities.com/vci_99.geo/lego/render/patrol.html

Comments welcome

Sweet!! -- especially the shadowy fighter figure inside the cockpit -- how did
you get POV to do that so beautifully?

The figure is just a blacktron fig made in MLCad.  I Then just put him in the
cockpit of the Azreal dat file, and then converted the dat to pov.  The fig
sits with his legs at right angles to his torso, which is not how the fig in
real life sits in the MOC.  He's got more of a 135 degree arc between the legs
and the torso.  Anyway, I was too lazy to get the fig dat in the proper
orientation to sit in the cockpit so I just plopped him in there.  If you look
closely enough you'll see that his right hand has materialized inside the
brick that makes up the side of the cockpit.

As to getting POV to do anything special I didn't.  That's just how a
blacktron fig looks through a trans-blue canopy.

Jason
http://www.geocities.com/vci_99.geo/lego/

LOL!  Just watched the movie _Dogma_ last night -- how's that as coincidences
go?

Actually its not much of a coincidence.  I'd had the name Loki picked out for
a tank a couple of years ago so it got named that.  I was then at a lost for
other names and being a fan of Kevin Smith I just used other names from
Dogma.  Besides they're pretty cool names.  I soon hope to have a Randal,
Dante, and a Brody.  But what they're going to be I have no idea.

Do you have a "wish list" for future POV renders?  If you're taking requests,
I sure wouldn't mind seeing a nose-on ground shot of Bartleby moving in for
the kill.  That tank is baaaaad!  :-)

As the subject says this is just my first and it took me over a week to get it
to a point where I liked the outcome, so new renders may be awhile in coming
(I also just bought a house and will be moving in a couple of weeks).  Ive got
the Loki, Hades, and an early version of the Bartleby done as dats and I've
even done some quick renders of the Loki and the Hades.  I plan on doing a
collage piece of the ground units like I've done for my air units.  I'll take
your request and I'll see what I can do.  It may take me awhile since this is
all so new.

Love the "headlights" on Loki and the canards and bent wings on Azrael, BTW!

--Todd

Thanks for the comments Todd.

Jason