 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2960 (-10)
  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) The decision not to include POV code in LDraw part files was made by the LSC - see (URL) for the rationale. Chris (14 years ago, 30-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) I'm pretty sure the decision to disallow inline POV code in official parts was made prior to the creation of the LSC. On a side note, LDView's POV export functionality supports L3P's inline POV syntax. --Travis (14 years ago, 30-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson wrote: <snip> (...) I'm sorry I really don't, the 'if then' construction is pretty much the same only thing is the two versions are in the same file. So perhaps you are hinting on maintainability or mixed single (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) After some tough discussion some years ago, I now agree on that (although so far, I've seen nothing that comes remotely close to L3P+POV-Ray. And I doubt there will be in a foreseeable future). (...) You don't??? Are you serious? I can (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

In lugnet.cad.ray, Dave Schuler wrote: <snip> (...) As far I understand it, the main reason the LSC don't want POV code in the parts themselves is because of the 'pollution'. Because another person might want blender code or maybe even something (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) As I understand it, nearly all of the fuss was about the fact that POV-Ray is a whole separate organism not under the control of the LSC, so any "official" additions to the LDraw library that contained inlined POV-Ray code would be at the (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) A highly unpopular and controversial issue with LDRAW. You'd best create a working group to study the impact of creating your own sub-committee of an existing LDRAW committee for the purposes of resurrecting challenges to an asked-and-answered (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) Let's initiate a list of signatures at once! :) /Tore (Another almost daily inlined POV-code user) (14 years ago, 28-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) Wait a minute! I use L3P and inlined POV-Ray code almost daily--don't tell me that this is being phased out? Aaaaagghh! Dave! (14 years ago, 28-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) You should just ignore these warnings. They are meant to discourage further use, but they will still work. I should look into my old L3PPARTS project... /Lars (14 years ago, 28-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact