 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2815 (-10)
  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

Hi again, here is the result of the newly rendered minifig heads: (URL) I think they look much better than the original heads. Greetings Sven (17 years ago, 3-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Minifig Heads with Inline POV-code at LDraw Wiki POV Parts Repository

(...) Done. Added 8 heads so far. (URL) link to my page: (URL) working on that Maxihead, experiencing major problems... I'm deeply sorry for bursting up in this subject. I don't find those "good reasons" good at all, compared to all that we miss. (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

(...) Actually, since this a fairly minor rule I was thinking more along the lines of an article entitled Generic Rules for Official Library Part Files but this will do for now. -Orion - (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

(...) if this quick copy'n'paste: (URL) the job we could add it to the "LDraw.org Official Library Standards" at: (URL) me know. w. (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

Hi guys, thank you very much for so many good answers in a very short time. I found Anton Raves converter page yesterday. In the end the converted data was useless for me and his documentation is unreadable on a Windows PC :-( As so many others Lutz (...) (17 years ago, 2-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

(...) Probably because this was decided on so long ago that there wasn't a set place for it at the time. We should make a generic library policy article and list it on the specification page. -Orion (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

(...) hi tore, no flaming at all. there were very good reasons for introducing this policy: (URL) like there is no mirror of this post in the specs at LDraw.org. odd! has some of you an idea why there is no trace? w. (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

(...) *LOL* I just don't know why, but I get this strange feeling that this part needs some work... (URL) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

(...) Head stud problem now solved. Will this be good? (URL) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: realistic minifig heads with ldraw and povray?

(...) I'll try - if I get enough time. There is a potential problem with the studs on top of the heads that I haven't solved yet. Btw, I found these beauties by Chuck Sommerville, too: (URL) (17 years ago, 1-Jul-07, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact