 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2675
Re: Bugs in rad_def.inc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:05:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Timothy Gould wrote:
Could it be possible that you have edited the rad_def.inc file and accidentally
left in characters from the Scandinavian character set (maybe the problem could
be with your povray file too)? It is possible that POVray may not like extended
character sets and this could be causing the problem. Pure speculation, but
maybe worth getting a fresh copy of rad_def.inc

Right now it just seem like I've screwed POV-Ray up :(

The rad_def.inc problems started before I tampered with the file, underway, I
tried to download a version from the internet (which turned out even worse) - in
an attempt to get the old one back I installed a new version of POV-Ray in
another locatioin which seem to have screwed up some windows settings/paths...

I've been uninstalling both versions and reinstalling the one in the old
location a couple of times - it ought to be OK, but it's not:

It just keep whining that it can't find Todd's colour definitions despite the
fact that I HAVE added the path to them in the povray.ini

Library_Path=”C:\LDRAW\POV-Ray 3.6\Legocolours"

Sigh!

So right now I'm not even able to get to the problem with rad_def.inc, but I'm
pretty sure it's lurking for me if I ever get as far as before... (problems
started before I tampered with the file)

-NB