 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2413
Re: Raytracing a primarily black model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 14:37:49 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <lego@bldesign.org> schreef in bericht
news:IEKDJ4.ro1@lugnet.com...
Anyone have any tips for raytracing a black MOC with radiosity?  I'd like
some
piece definition like this:

<<http://www.digitalbricks.nl/MOC/ShaunSullivan/800600Hudson464.jpg>>

What's the secret, Jeroen?¬
Thanks,
¬--Bram

Hi Bram,

The secret is: don't use radiosity! Haha.
But seriously: as far as I remember the Hudson posters are done without
radiosity.
It can be done but you should use some light, but very soft*, just for some
highlighting.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=437165 is done with light (3
light sources to be exact) and radiosity. Light in this scene is only used
for highlighting (especialy the LGEO slopes) and creating shadows.
But you made me curiou now, what are you rendering?!!

Good luck! Jeroen

* rgb 0.1 will be sufficient in some cases, just play with it.