 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2396
  The Minifig Macro - walk that minifig

(URL) uses Anton Raves' POV-Ray library. You can create many minifigs with it, and best yet, you can walk them. Option one is to walk it in a straight line--boring. Option two, walk it on a spline. Very cool! There is an animation of a minifig (...) (19 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.announce)

  Re: The Minifig Macro - walk that minifig

(...) Two questions: * What exactly is Anton Raves' library? * I have POV-Ray 3,1 and 3.5, ML-Cad, L3Lab, L3P, L3PAO, and of course the LDraw package on a PC with AMD1100, 256 Mb RAM and a very old video adapter. What more do I need to make (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  My 3D Animation Diary (Was: The Minifig Macro)

DAY 1, 20:00 Posted the following question to Lugnet. "I have POV-Ray 3.1 and 3.5, ML-Cad, L3Lab, L3P, L3PAO, and of course the LDraw package on a PC with AMD1100, 256 Mb RAM and a very old video adapter. What more do I need to make animations like (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: My 3D Animation Diary (Was: The Minifig Macro)

Your computer is just fine to handle the POV-Raying. I made many animations on my old PII400. What got me going was this here animation tutorial: (URL) didn't actually use the "ClockMod" tools described here, though. But I found the tutorials useful (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: The Minifig Macro - walk that minifig

Could someone make a list (and post it somewhere...) of all tyhe different walking (or other) animation options available? I can think a few more examples: * MLCad has some support for creating minifig walking animations. * LD4DModeler can model (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: The Minifig Macro - walk that minifig

(...) Yes, I started my LDA2001 project in the second half of the year 2001. In September 2001, I put the project on ice and have just made a handful of lame attempts to restart it. I may have the time to pick it up by the middle of September this (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  LDA2005 (Was: The Minifig Macro - walk that minifig)

(...) was put on ice. Progress in my todo-list so far: * Support for new minifig parts - Done! * Support for camera.dat and look_at.dat - Done! (Well, see next step...) * Automatic writing a batch file for L3P - In progress. Some strange problem (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  LDA2005 Progress Report

I am getting really excited over how fast progress is made just a couple of days from project restart. The strange thing is that what takes most time is to build the models for the scenes. Animation is relatively quickly done. Datsville as scenery (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDA2005 Progress Report

(...) Hello Tore, Is your todo-list the year 2001 "More or less planned commands" as they are presented here: (URL) or do you follow another new 2005 todo-list ? Regards, damien web page: (URL) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDA2005 Progress Report

(...) Well, both yes and no. I do follow a new 2005 todo-list, but my list of "more or less planned commands" will be updated as it moves into the new URL. The "most" of the more planned command were implemented by the end of September 2001 (but not (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDA2005 Progress Report

(...) October 2, 2005 Dear Diary, Most of this weekend, I've worked on the L3P Options panel instead of playing around with the program as planned. The new features make a much nicer output, so it has been worth the delay. Progress in my todo-list (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2005 Progress Report

October 15, 2005 Not much work done the last two weeks. But at least I've added ldr support, and set .ldr extension as default in most cases. I've changed my mind again. Now I think MDPs can be a great idea when defining objects and their properties (...) (19 years ago, 15-Oct-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDA2006 Progress Report

I've changed priorities once again. The need of what I call standalone scripts have turned my todo-list upside-down. And the Tween command has made all the difference! After working all night, I finally made it work. That is, the first of the three (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) --SNIP-- (...) --SNIP-- (...) This all sounds very cool Tore. I may have to give it a go sometime. One suggestion to you is to allow for different tweening systems. Sometimes you may want something other than a linear tweening and it would be (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) Thanks for the input, Tim. I agree. Exponential functions for acceleration or fall would be nice to have. Sinus and Cosinus functions will make smoother walks. The best would probably be support for splines or maps, but that's way beyond my (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDA2006 2006-02-25 Beta Release

Finally, I have released the first beta version of my LDraw Animation System that supports the three new standalone [sub]scripts! To give it a go, download either (URL) on what you think takes less time. Then download (URL) unpack all files into (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDA2006 Progress Report

(...) Hi Tore, Congrats on your recent work. As you know, I am working on a parallel animation app project. At this point, I've stopped development on the new version and plan to dedicate the next month or so to cleanup duties (anything from (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Harmonizing Syntax of TLAS, LMM, and LDA2006

(...) Thank you, Miguel. (...) As discussed earlier, I am now convinced of the animation potentials of MPDs. As a (not very active, but yet...) member of the LDraw Standards Commitee, I am also convinced of the benefits we all would enjoy if all (...) (18 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.dev)