 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2067
  Re: Simple POV-Ray Question - Perspective

(...) Using orthographic does not always work. You can get the same effect by seeing the camera angle to 0.1 Kevin (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Simple POV-Ray Question - Perspective

(...) Don't you then have to move the camera a ways back to get all your objects in the image compared to larger camera angles? This is what I tend to do, long ways away, small canera angle (anaogous to "telephoto" in real photogs, the images there (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Simple POV-Ray Question - Perspective

(...) I've run into this problem, and my caveman-sophistication led me simply to translate the object a little to put it back in line with the look_at coordinates. Even so, I often have to change the "PCT" value to 5 or 10 to accommodate all of my (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Simple POV-Ray Question - Perspective

(...) As long as you let L3P calculate the camera distance, the whole model should be visible, and (mostly) fill the frame. I just copied the L3P auto-camera algorithm into LDView, and it works consistently for me with camera angles ranging from 0.1 (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Simple POV-Ray Question - Perspective

(...) If you just do a straight "L3P model.dat," then you're right; the whole model fits very nicely in the camera's view (though a little fish-eyed, I find). But if you switch the view to orthographic, the model can appear a bit off-center and (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Simple POV-Ray Question - Perspective

(...) L3P automatically moves the camera further away, please see (URL) is currently the way to go. I placed the "//orthographic" line in the camera setting only as a convenience if you want to experiment with that camera - you will have to adjust (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)