 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2008
2007  |  2009
Subject:
Work in progress - station scene
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:03:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’ve put some images of my CAD work in progress, typical British urban/suburban station set in a cutting on Brickshelf
This intended to be a setting for rolling stock similar to Ben’s bridge but with the added advantage of the enclosed space not causing problems with what to do in the background. (not to say that Ben’s is bad, I like it a lot) It is designed on a modular basis to reduce modelling time. More detail still needs to added in the form of signals, a set of steps upto to the road bridge etc. Individually placed things like people on the platforms and weeds growing up the wall wll hopefully reduce the repetitiveness. Mind you it take about 5 hours to render at present (the brickshelf images are reduced in size)

For the British train fans the vans are VDAs, unfortunalty they would be impossible to make in these colours, however the red and grey Speedlink liveried ones are nearly possible with the substition of light grey doors with red stickers and red door rails for the orange along the top.

LMKWYT

Tim

PS Jet Red

Not really my thing, I guess I’m more into modelling real trains. HOWEVER I do like these and took the time to look through the pics. I think I need to loosen up and just build stuff for fun. With regards lack of posts, I have been trying to post various message for about 2 weeks with no success.