 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1856
  I need help with pov-ray

I would like step-by-step instructions on the software necessary to render mlcad creations in pov-ray. I have already tried to do everything by the online tutorials, but so far i have wasted 3 hours without being able to do the file conversions. It (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) One of the first things you need is a program like l3p, to convert the .dat files into .pov files. Programs like these can be found on the ldraw site at: (URL) L3p will give you enough of a file that yu can do a decent rendering. Should you (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Spencer look at the 1st link on this webpage for an overview of how LDraw and POV-Ray interact. (URL) online tutorials are you refering to? The ones on the ldraw site or the POV-Ray site? Have you read Conversion 101 found here: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

In lugnet.cad.ray, Ahui Herrera wrote: SNIP (...) The LDraw site. (...) I finally got it to work, rendering car.dat and pyramid.dat with no problem. Now, however, i get this message: (URL) i try to do this file: (URL) not a deep link so plz wait for (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Close the file 'colors.inc' and try rendering the 'futurecar.pov' file instead. (see the tabs at the top of the screen?) HTH Allister (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Hmmm..tried that. It starts going thru the list on the bottom of the screen, then the colors.inc tab comes up and the error message appears. I tried to close colors again, but it always pops up when i try to render the file. -Spencer (who is (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

I reinstalled POV-RAY, and all the files that worked before still work. However, now i get this error: (URL) at a loss. Id really appreciate some help to get this working. E-mail me if you need any details on my system or what files im trying to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Please check the settings at Brickshelf. I get this reply to your link; "This file is not yet public " Paul (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) thats odd. Its a deep link. I guess all i can do is wait for it to be modded and ask everyone to be patient :) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) No it is NOT a deep link. Deep links provide the *ACTUAL* file name at the end of the url. Here is an example. This link will get you to the folder with all the images. (URL) how it has a number at the end of it) This link IS A DEEP LINK to a (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Ok, I can see the picture you posted now, but I do not see the error message. There are 3 tabs at the top, are you trying to run colors.inc? or the Desk-dosen't work.pov? To see the error message window, go to the pull down menus. Select (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Here it is-a deep link (URL) There are 3 tabs at the top, are you trying to run colors.inc? or the (...) Im running desk-doesnt work, but when i try to run it the colors.inc pops up and gives me the error (...) Once again here it is: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)

  Re: I need help with pov-ray

(...) Wow thanks. I inserted the little version thing and it worked! Im going to try a few more files tonite to make sure its not a fluke, then ill close up this thread. Thanks -Spencer (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish)