 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1795
Re: Minimum distance?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:47:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Hi all,

Currently I am rendering a model and it has this step in it:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sjaacko/Temp/door-l_01.jpg
It uses the Buffer Exchange command.

I am using the great LPub for rendering my instructions, but whatever I do,
this particular step keeps clipping. I tried things with minimum distance
enabled/disabled but that does not seem to work.

What can I do to prevent this?

Hi Jaco,
  A few ideas come to mind:

  Does increasing the minimum camera distance help?

  If not, then I recommend disabling the delete of generated step DATs and
generated POV files.  When you rerun LPub on your model, you will get a DAT
file for the failing step.  Manually run that through L3P and render the POV
file.  I suspect the image will be rendered unclipped.  If so, then there is
an LPub bug.  If the image is still clipped, then it is an L3P bug.

  In the case of an LPub bug, you can email me your DAT (which will be held
in the stricktest confidence), and I will recreate, debug and fix it.

Kevin

Thanks.

Jaco