 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1771
  Help with MegaPOV settings

Hey everyone - I'm having a slight problem with MegaPOV. I've gotten my settings down to where I want them, but one of my models encounters this slight problem. This step isn't perfect - I need to make the arrow white so it shows up more, and need (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Help with MegaPOV settings

(...) My suggestion is to use Lars' new outlining feature in L3P (which hasn't been released yet.) He told me that the new L3P would be out in spring, and it's spring :^P (note this smiley is panting waiting for the new L3P, not sticking its tongue (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Help with MegaPOV settings

(...) LOL :-) I can't wait to be able to use the feature... (...) No problem. -Tim (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Help with MegaPOV settings

I don't know if it will give you the effect you want, but you can probably improve that particular part by bumping up the ambient lighting term (assuming POV has an ambient term). You may have to also decrease the brightness of your lights if you do (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Help with MegaPOV settings

(...) Thanks for the suggestion. I decided to render the print res images and use trusty Photoshop to eliminate the problem. The weird thing is...when I rendered the model at LPub's preset 'Print Resolution,' it didn't shade the slopes! Also, at (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Help with MegaPOV settings

(...) I'm not suprised at all that higher resolution is better. More accurate information to work with. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)