 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1588
Re: Excellent rendering with MegaPov 0.7 (long post)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:25:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jan Folkersma writes:
Hej Jeroen,

a BIG thanks to you for this extensive and clear post
about how to get 'excelent rendering results' (ERR...)
with MegaPov 0.7

Thanks!

but(yes), me is one of those lazy guys...

so, how about a comparison between Povray3.5 and MegaPov 0.7
in both quality and time, with these radiosity settings? I am
more than curious. Give us two pictures to compare!

Well, I rendered a model by James Mathis (ICE train) with radiosity and
camera-blur and Mega-Pov + POV-Ray 3.1 was SEVEN TIMES FASTER than POV-Ray
3.5! I also liked the overal picture rendered by MegaPov better, a bit
softer if you like. I deleted the pictures from Brickshelf but will post
them again (if I can find them)

I know, I know, your pc is still doing my 'oldtimers' picture
all over till after x-mas, but it's december 30 now :))

It's going terrifing slow: the size is 3684 by 2673 pixels and POV-Ray 3.5
"does" 1 line per hour (thats 44 pixels per minute)! Well it is halfway the
last window now so it will speed up after that....

      hasta la pizza,

Hasta la pasta to you too! Jeroen