 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1277
Re: Tilting the camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2002 23:17:42 GMT

Travis Cobbs wrote...
In lugnet.cad.ray, Don Heyse writes:
Sproat called it Roll in his tutorial.

That's what I would call it.

I noticed Sproat calls it roll: "How to roll the camera", but he also says:
"I'm really talking about tilting the camera to one side."
And to me (being a non-English-native) roll is more ambiguous than tilt.
Anyone else ?

http://www.io.com/~jsproat/temp/Deciphering_L3P_Part_1.html

#declare ROLL = 30;
sky      vrotate(-y, z*ROLL)

Sproat, are you sure about this ?
It doesn't seem to work with e.g. -cg30,90
I think you need to roll the actual sky vector, and not the initial -y.

I would think this would be pitch.  (Yaw would be left/right.)

Yaw ? You said you would call it roll ?
/Lars