 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1275
Re: Tilting the camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 18:03:54 GMT

In the DirectX SDK they speak off:

Yaw around the y-axis
Pitch around the x-axis
Roll around the z-axis

Roland

Lars C. Hassing wrote:

I'm adding an option to L3P to specify the skyvector,
This option is primarily for other programs, that can calculate a vector.

However, I think it would be useful to have a simple option to
specify a sideways tilt of the camera simply in degrees.

So, what is the proper English term for tilting the camera sideways ?
Tilt ? Roll ?
And should a negative angle be a tilt to the left or to the right ?
/Lars
BTW, what is the term for tilting forward/backward ?