 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 122
Re: lit truck raytrace wallpaper (competion bram!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:07:22 GMT

Do you mean creating a night scene in POV-Ray or to tweak • a L3P
POV-Ray scene to look like night?  For the latter, I would • simply dim
the lights (decrease the light values) and also decrease • the ambient
values to avoid the "glow in dark" effect in Thomas
Burger's image.

I was especially asking about the headlight thing, but I
think (maybe) I've figured it out.

1)  build a model with a headlight
2)  place a light source inside the headlight (would a
spotlight be best?)
3)  define the part (s) used as a headlight as HEADLIGHT
4)  use looks_like to make the light source assume the shape
of HEADLIGHT

Is that pretty much it?

Thanks,
Will