 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 121
Re: lit truck raytrace wallpaper (competion bram!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 14:05:44 GMT

"Will Hess" <willhess@simflex.com> writes:

This is something I've been trying to do for the apparatus on my
website.  Would either of you be kind enough to share pointers (or
appropriate lines of code) for creating a night scene?

Do you mean creating a night scene in POV-Ray or to tweak a L3P
POV-Ray scene to look like night?  For the latter, I would simply dim
the lights (decrease the light values) and also decrease the ambient
values to avoid the "glow in dark" effect in Thomas Burger's image.

As an alternative can anyone recommend a comprehensive POV-Ray
tutorial?

I've only read the POV-Ray manual, which is very well written.

Fredrik