 CAD / MLCad / 990
    idea for next version, include ttore boxes —Michael Horvath
   Michael, if in next version of MLCad you could include support for ttore.box's, one would be able to make render-smart models without having to waste time by going back and "optimizing" the same model model you just built. A new menu item like "New (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: idea for next version, include ttore boxes —Tore Eriksson
     First: ttore.dat is a model of my parents' house, included in Datsville. ttore.box is the boundary box file for that very model. Just wanted to clarify. I have made some files like 3001.box, 3002.box etc. (Still missing some, like Plate 1 x 6.) With (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: idea for next version, include ttore boxes —Michael Lachmann
   (...) I'm not realy aware of this thing, but it sounds like replacing normal parts by boxes in order to reduce drawing time?! Maybe I should tell you some tricks for MLCad now, since I've introduced a new rendering code in MLCad V2.00 which speeds (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: idea for next version, include ttore boxes —Michael Horvath
   (...) Rendering time in POVray, I mean. I guess this would speed up building time, as well. Say, for example, if you replaced an entire wall with a box that spans 5 bricks long by 6 bricks high. But, really what I meant is speeding up rendering time (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        New version 2.0, was "idea for next version, include ttore boxes" —Michael Horvath
   Ah, it seems the new version of MLCad IS faster (I have just upgraded to v2.0). Thank you! Oh, thanks for including "All Files" support in "open" dialog. This negates my earlier request for *.box support. Sorry for the bogus bug report. I'll start (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)