 CAD / MLCad / 983 (-20)
  Re: LDraw setp help

(...) I can not use DOS or any programming systems because I do not know any computer languages except for a VERY small fraction of BASIC. There has also been a strange message when I downloaded MLCad on to my computer. The message said that it (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw setp help

(...) I did not say try MLCad before LDraw. I said try it *instead*. Here's the skinny: LDraw and the DAT file format are the original developments by James Jessiman. They were made in 1996 or thereabouts, before he died. His original editing tool, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org announces new MLCad subdomain and re-organization of resources

(...) What do you mean that I should try MLCad first before LDraw? I am not even sure how to download LDraw, let alone MLCad. I am confused and I need help in downloading this program. I do not program computers very well. Jesse Long (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

(...) That's interesting... My Win95 MS Paint program won't make jpegs, at least not in color...(IIRC) But my Win98 will... (But MLCad's not installed on the 98 'puter. --Electro-- (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

In a word - awesome! Took me a couple tries to get it going, but oh man that is SOOO much easier than the clunky way I was doing it... Thanks for pointing me in a better direction! Mark (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

Brice Williams (...) it's (...) What I do is go into Settings>General>Change, click the Document tab and change the angles the model will be displayed at, click OK. If you are in the view mode, click the button that puts you in edit mode, and then (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Mark Chittenden" <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message news:GGrw44.HEI@lugnet.com... (...) POVRAY (...) I'm a point-and-click person myself - download L3PAO and L3P, install POV-RAY, and voila! great POV renderings at the click of a few buttons. Get (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

The 'manual' method I follow to create pictures of my MLCad models are: 1. After saving the completed model, quit MLCad. 2. Restart MLCad. The completed model now shows up in the Models list. 3. Select the model as if using it like a part. 4. Rotate (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

You can always hit the print screen key on your keyboard, then open a graffics program(like MS Paint), paste in the screenshot, crop out the extra stuff, and then save the file as a .jpg. There may be a way to do this with MLCAD, but I forget. But (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Help with saving pictures

I just created a model of mine in mlcad. And i want to take pics of it in the program, such as save pictures as in the file menu. The only view it's letting me save as is the 3D view. Is there any way i can save pics as a different view? Thanks a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  *** MLCad V2.00R4 ready for download ***

Hy, I've just released MLCad V2.00R4 with the following bug-fixes: - Error MLCad.DLL not found (which was a problem with the dll itself) - Problem when starting MLCad from the command line - Problem with focus of selection in model part list on my (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad

Hi Ronan, I had meant to reply to Jake's message with a few tips for you to help you along with beginning to use MLCAD, but I forgot until now. With regard to positioning, one thing that helps me tremendously is using the "spacing grid" buttons (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad

Thanks guys I'll persevere. RW Jake McKee <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:GG1x38.4Jo@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) somewhat (...) MLCad (...) steep (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad

(...) Ronan, I recently started using MLCad myself. I too found it a little tough to get started. I actually make sure that I sit down with a completely or somewhat built model. This helps me to visual what I am making on the screen. I would also (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  How do you do it ?

How do you make a Program like MLCad? I want to make one. (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Link to MLCAD Homepage on MLCAD Group Page

(...) Thanks for making us aware. I've updated the link. -Suz (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.admin.general)

  Link to MLCAD Homepage on MLCAD Group Page

Todd, The link to the MLCad Home Page on the MLCad NewsGroup Page is no longer correct... (although it IS still pointing people to the new page, for now ) The new link is (URL) Lynch (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Resizing in MLCAD Ver2 R3

Yes, I have experienced this problem before. The easiest way that I have found to adjust the size of the MLCad window when it gets like this is to make sure that the window is NOT maximized, then click and drag the window (using the top title bar) (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Resizing in MLCAD Ver2 R3

Is anyone else experienceing this problem. I can not resize MLCAD. When I open it it opens up to full screen, when I rize to resize I can only minimize and maximun. The button (top right hand) is aviable for re-sizing but when I click on it the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New MOC: Y-Wing (IRL)

Hello everybody, I finally got around to build my Y-Wing in real life. I had built it in MLCad from a rainbow warrior I made back in february or so, but the real thing is up now. I'll be finishing the instructions for you all pretty soon, but I'm (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact