 CAD / MLCad / 793
Re: Printing problems in MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 04:49:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jake McKee writes:
All,

Has anyone had any trouble getting the model images to print out in MLCAD? I
can print the parts list and header/footer just fine, but where the image
would go, it is just printing out blank sheets.

Please help!

I have much better luck having MLCad generate images instead of trying to
print directly, then embedding the images (converted from BMP to something
else, such as PNG) in some other document. A lot more work, but more precise
control, and you can clip/resize to fit more on the page.

However, you then have the bugaboo of the lines being too narrow and they
disappear making it hard to see boundaries. A number of Bricksmiths use
MLCad and we get this complaint, and it's valid! Especially in color. LDLite
lets you control line width better to fatten them up and make them more
visible. But *it* has the bugaboo of sometimes clipping the model edge off
if you don't move the center and go with a large size format.

Michael has an enhancement request from me to allow specification of line
thickness when rendering. I hope he does it. I'd bribe him to get it if I could.

Another thing is, did the images show up in print preview?

++Lar

++Lar