 CAD / MLCad / 783 (-20)
  Re: Help With MLCAD

"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message news:G7Coyo.LHr@lugnet.com... (...) Yeah, but I'm asking if he could set that default value to edit mode, and someone can go into the settings and uncheck it, versus the other way around. -- (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help With MLCAD

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:G7BwCD.49I@lugnet.com... (...) news:G7Bv9x.M2@lugnet.com... (...) mode?? You can also change this yourself from the Settings menu. Dan (24 years ago, 18-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help With MLCAD

"Thomas Keenan" <thomas@mets.com> wrote in message news:G7Bv9x.M2@lugnet.com... (...) Hey, it happened to me when I started using MLCad, and I venture to say it happened to many others. Mike - any chance you could change the default setting to start (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Online Ideas Page...

I've updated my page, and will be updating it multiple times today, I've decided to stick with the JPEG's for now, the GIF's turned out to be larger & slower loading. If a model has more then 10 steps it will get more then one page, with 10 steps (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.basic, lugnet.boats, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports)

  New Online Ideas page!

I have started an online ideas page, with directions created with MLCAD. All ideas come with a full parts list, usually in order of use, and all pages are printable. To view this page go to: (URL) am also taking idea at shi_web@hotmail.com , and you (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.basic, lugnet.boats, lugnet.castle, lugnet.sports)

  Re: New Reference Material on LDraw.org - Free-Form Camera Positioning... by Brad Hamilton

Hi Tim, Thanks for posting this. I found a minor error. The first word under the 2nd heading "Background" should be "MLCAD," not "LCAD." Thanks Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:G6upCB.2FC@lugnet.com... (...) reference (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question about MLCAD colors

Joseph Cardana wrote... (...) Or provide an option like in L3Lab: "Color 24 as black". Try it! /Lars (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question about MLCAD colors

I agree with Lars Hassing about keeping it LDraw compatible, I was just thinking it would look better if the lines were displayed as black (unless a piece is black, then use dark grey) at all times. I tend to do screen shots at times and the bright (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question about MLCAD colors

(...) The edge colours are also posted in the LDraw FAQ, I think. I'm pretty sure the list has been posted once or twice to lugnet.cad.dev, where the poster has a copy of the LDraw source code. Steve (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New Reference Material on LDraw.org - Free-Form Camera Positioning... by Brad Hamilton

Just uploaded Brad's reference article - Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCad, L3P, and POV-Ray to the LDraw.org server. Check it out at: (URL) you like what you see and have a skill you can share, write for the reference section at LDraw.org! (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question about MLCAD colors

"Joseph Cardana" wrote... (...) The reason is to be LDraw compatible... I got the edge colors from a creating a model with 16 bricks in 16 colors, saving a bitmap in LDraw, and looking at the RGB values. You can see those edge colors in (URL) guess (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question about MLCAD colors

Good question - currently MLCad does not support changing the edge color - but it should do ... I've got the color definitions from the LDLite source code. I must admit, that I never asked about the edge colors. I have no idea from where they are (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Question about MLCAD colors

Michael, In reference to the Main and Edge colors... If I color a part red the edges are bright red. Is there a way to have the edge colors black or dark gray? Is there a reason for the odd edge colors? Joe (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad Question: Snapshots.

(...) Well, after tinkering with it, I figgured out you could put a rotation step at the end. Thanks for the Help!! (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad Question: Snapshots.

You must change the 'settings': Than click 'General' and than 'change'... In this screen you must change the 'default 3D rotation angles' in the 'Document' part. Try for example :(x,y,z) 10,-30,-5 70,-10,10 10,-20,0 23,45,0 Good Luck! Iemke-P. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Free-Form Camera Positioning with MLCAD, L3P, and POV-RAY

Yes - you are right. I was confused by some of the scaling and rotation primatives at the end of the .pov ray file. I'll change this. thanks Lars C. Hassing <lch@ccieurope.com> wrote in message news:G620En.FGp@lugnet.com... (...) If (...) point (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad Question: Snapshots.

Is there a way, that you can change the angle you take the snapshot at? So that you can take pictures from diffrent angles on the model? -Help would be appreciated. (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: "2001: A Lego Odyssey" - A New Lego Movie!

(...) Wow, this is amazing, worth the time it took me to find a player that would understand it (Windows media player and Real Player 7 did not, Quicktime did.). George (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: "2001: A Lego Odyssey" - A New Lego Movie!

Yeah, great movie! But we should not continue this discussion on lugnet.cad.mlcad. I have a feeling it does not belong here. Greetingz... Sjaacko (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: "2001: A Lego Odyssey" - A New Lego Movie!

(...) To make the 17th reply, YOUR MOVIE IS AWESOME! I haven't had a chance to see the original yet (although I have read the book), but your expert use of a camera, and the plotline, made it beyond words. Of course, some people cannot appreciate (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact