 CAD / MLCad / 771
    Question about MLCAD colors —Joseph Cardana
   Michael, In reference to the Main and Edge colors... If I color a part red the edges are bright red. Is there a way to have the edge colors black or dark gray? Is there a reason for the odd edge colors? Joe (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: Question about MLCAD colors —Michael Lachmann
     Good question - currently MLCad does not support changing the edge color - but it should do ... I've got the color definitions from the LDLite source code. I must admit, that I never asked about the edge colors. I have no idea from where they are (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Question about MLCAD colors —Steve Bliss
      (...) The edge colours are also posted in the LDraw FAQ, I think. I'm pretty sure the list has been posted once or twice to lugnet.cad.dev, where the poster has a copy of the LDraw source code. Steve (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Question about MLCAD colors —Joseph Cardana
       I agree with Lars Hassing about keeping it LDraw compatible, I was just thinking it would look better if the lines were displayed as black (unless a piece is black, then use dark grey) at all times. I tend to do screen shots at times and the bright (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

          Re: Question about MLCAD colors —Lars C. Hassing
      Joseph Cardana wrote... (...) Or provide an option like in L3Lab: "Color 24 as black". Try it! /Lars (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Solution concerning MLCAD colors (was Re: Question about MLCAD colors) —James Jackson
     Good Evening. I am writing to give my own suggestion about colors in MLCAD, based on pre-existing colors in LDraw. While some of the colors [when converting LDraw usage to MLCAD usage] turned out pretty well, others appeared so shockingly different, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Solution concerning MLCAD colors (was Re: Question about MLCAD colors) —Tim David
     In addition to this I personally feel that the grey edge colour for black elements is too dark, it works for one black element but when you have a black model the joins become nearly invisible. Is it posible to create user defined custom colours (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

         Re: Solution concerning MLCAD colors (was Re: Question about MLCAD colors) —James Jackson
     (...) Tim, Color 24 in MLCAD was purposely made to be different that Dark Gray (8), the same way Color 16 is to be different from Light Gray (7). The problem is that it tends to make it them darker than both colors [7 & 8], leaving the Edge Color at (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

        Re: Question about MLCAD colors —Lars C. Hassing
   "Joseph Cardana" wrote... (...) The reason is to be LDraw compatible... I got the edge colors from a creating a model with 16 bricks in 16 colors, saving a bitmap in LDraw, and looking at the RGB values. You can see those edge colors in (URL) guess (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)