 CAD / MLCad / 7
Re: Part Authoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 02:32:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Mike Poindexter writes:
Has anyone tried to make new parts with MLCAD?  I would like to learn how to
do them and then contribute to the LDraw library.  I am assuming right now
that it can only be done with Notepad and saved then viewed with MLCAD, but I
don't know.

thats one way.. notepad yes. mostly thats 50% of what I use (or ldraw editor
from LDAO)

other ways to do parts, is "draw" sections in LDD, put together in LEDIT,
inline, and do the rest with editor (quad's,tri's and such)
then once part is done , inline, and edit there.

a good way I do to add quads is to open in ledit, "color" the lines
("2 24 12 ....") then copy both and insert a quad with both coordinate strings
you also have to know ldraw part mesurements IE 8 LDU high = plate, 24 LDU
=brick , 20 LDU = 1 full brick length, and stud size is ... .. i think 12? (6
diameter)

i talked with tim the other night, and sugested a "part authoring suggestions"
or a "how to" section. it would be sweet if a program for making parts only
was made.... (daydreaming again...)