 CAD / MLCad / 24
Re: Part Authoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:26:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Chris Dee wrote:

In the LDAO editor I've not figured out how to control the viewpoints available
in the bottom-left pulldown on the editor window, so often resort to saving the
source and launching another LDLite session from the LDAO main menu with my
customised viewpoint. Am I missing something obvious, Steve ?

I don't think you're missing anything obvious.  The LDAO editors look at two
sections in ldraw.ini for which views to include in that dropdown, [Views] and
[View Moves].  A view has to be defined in both sections.  [Views] gives the
viewing angle information.  [View Moves] provides information for mapping the
part-movement keys to the axis/direction to move the part.

I guess that's kind of pointless for the Editor, since there are no
arrow-keystrokes for moving parts around.  Drat.

The default [View Moves] is:

[View Moves]
Back=Y-,Y+,X+,X-,Z-,Z+
Left=Y-,Y+,Z-,Z+,X-,X+
Right=Y-,Y+,Z+,Z-,X+,X-
Above=X-,X+,Z-,Z+,Y+,Y-
Beneath=X+,X-,Z-,Z+,Y-,Y+
Oblique=Z+,Z-,X-,X+,Y-,Y+
Front=Y-,Y+,X-,X+,Z+,Z-
Natural=Z+,Z-,X-,X+,Y-,Y+
UpsideDown=Z+,Z-,X+,X-,Y+,Y-

And the entries map to UpArrow, DownArrow, LeftArrow, RightArrow, Home, and End,
in that order, I think.

So, to show a view in the Editor, add a line to [View Moves].

Steve