 CAD / MLCad / 48 (-10)
  Re: stupid question?

(...) cut and paste the text out to a file <filename.dat> using notepad (or your favorite text editor) once the file is saved to disk, go to MLCad and choose File | Open and choose the .dat file that you saved. J (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  stupid question?

Since I'm new to all this CAD design I have a simple but troubling question for me. I see all the Ldraw data complied into all these post throughout LUGNET. How do take what has been posted and put that into MLCad? I tried to cut out the info from (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

Hi Jack, I used LDraw to make the model, so I'm not sure what the preview X's are in MLCad. I can help you with your other question though. There are a bunch of programs you can use to collect multi-part models into one file. The one I used is MP (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  How to break up multi-dat files?

I apologize for lack of terminology. Here is the question: I downloaded the AT-ST model posted a couple days ago, and want to build it. But it is a "multi" file or whatever they are called, and only has 5 or so parts at the top level. I really want (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

(...) Ah, yes. Thanks for the correction! (...) I'm happy to hear that you liked it. I really want to finish off a few animations before I present it, though. So we'll see if I can get the time to do it during the Christmas holiday. :-) Fredrik (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

Fredrik Glöckner wrote... (...) "hose-seg.dat" in both cases. Could you check that up, please? (...) to seeing that model. // Eric -- "The great thing about Lego isn't that you can build something out of it, the great thing is that you can build (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

(...) I've also made a similar utility for GNU Emacs (available for free for most platforms). There is a description of the algorithm and a tutorial at (URL) need a PNG-enabled browser to see the Emacs screenshots. Sorry about that.) If all goes (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

(...) Normally, you would have to assemble each section of the hose manually, which could be tedious. There's a great utility you could use (if you have MS Excel) that will help you make realistic hoses (though I haven't had that great of results). (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hoses

(...) The straight hoses, and the sections of hoses, should be under the H folder. For bent hoses, you have to make those as submodel files, special for each model/configuration. Steve (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  hoses

I was wondering if the hoses can be used with MLCAD. I have all the updated parts lists and can't locate them in the menu on the right of the screen? Am I doing something wrong by chance or are they not there? Brett (25 years ago, 14-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact