 CAD / MLCad / 467
Re: MLCad Startup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:27:44 GMT

Thanks,
  this description helps a lot ... I will incorporate that into the one of
the next releases ...

Michael

Travis Cobbs <tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
G2A60n.8Bn@lugnet.com...
If you want, I can point out the pertinant sections of the LDView code • which
deal with this.  I ran into similar problems, but managed to get the
following behavior:

1. Records the window's normal (un-maximized) size in the registry; does • NOT
record the maximized size.
2. Records whether or not the window is maximized in the registry.
3. If you exit while maximized, next time it starts up with the normal • size
and then automatically maximizes.  This means that if you then restore, it
goes back to the size that it was before.
4. If you exit while minimized, next time it starts up with
the normal size, and does NOT automatically minimize.

While I don't use MFC, I would expect you get enough information out of • MFC
to reproduce the same behavior.  The basic gist is that when I get a • resize
event, one of the pieces of information passed is the type of resize (ie
maximize, minimize, restore).  I only store the new size in the registry • if
it isn't a maximize or minimize resize event.  If it is a maximize, I • record
this; otherwise I record the fact that the window is NOT maximized.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jeff Boen writes:
This is just a little nitpick, but I noticed that when MLCad starts up, • it
isn't maximized. It is set to fill the screen, but not actually in a • maximized
state. Occasionally i have accidentally gone to minimize the screen and • instead
dragged the entire window, this is how I realized the window state.

Mike, you might want to modify the window state to start maximized, • unless
it's
something on my end.

Generally MLCad remembers the window-size and position when MLCad is • closed
and started the next time.
I noticed big problems when MLCad was minimized when closed => then you • just
could minimize or maximize MLCad and any other size was not possible • anymore.
Therefor MLCAD ignores the minimized and maximized states at all => in • case of
maximized you get it nearly maximized only.

I thougt that would be better then the bug :-)

But I will try what I can do for that problem ...

Michael