 CAD / MLCad / 433 (-20)
  Re: tubing

Larry Pieniazek wrote... (...) My "fake" seams seem to be the problem ;-) As you can see on (URL) scale parts a little bit to make a seam between parts. ("parts" are here DAT files found in the PARTS directory [1]) Normally this works fine, because (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: tubing  [DAT]

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Pieniazek writes: Ok, for anyone that wants to give this a whirl... I've attached a sample MPD. It has tubing the length I expect... 14 plates high. It renders fine in MLCad and in L3Lab (using the versions I posted (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

(...) Two small problems... 1. you have to create the graphic. For a complex torso this is hard. 2D helps but there still are a lot of triangles. Hence my suggestion for an authoring tool to help with this task. (if MLCad could allow display a (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet, but 'skins' wouldn't be very hard to implement at all...in fact it HAS been done (although not in this context *). Simply make a two-dimensional part for each graphic and create a Graphic or Decal (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

(...) <snip> I feel this suggestion as worded combines two different, separable ideas, both of which merit discussion. One would be the introduction of subcategories for decorated versions of parts within the authoring tools. The other is a new, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

(...) :) That sounds like a good prayer/meditation to/for me. (...) I'd like to also apologize. My responses (to both Adams) were somewhat overdone. Good thing I toned them down before posting them, eh? (...) For me, it wasn't your chosen example -- (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

(...) I don't think we where realy angry. It's basicly a good point you've bring forward, and we encourage everyone to discuss subjects like these openly. Please consider the reactions you've got more as different opinions than as angry (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  part skins (was Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts)

okay, were going to try and post something without getting anyone angry this evening. Where to begin? Well first off I'll apologize to all the minifig torso fans out there. In the original post it was the first thing that came to mind. So anyone who (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: tubing

(...) Thanks. I'll try to work up a simple one that exhibits the same problem, that particular DAT isn't for public consumption. (...) c ">/"++" c "s"" to yield ( :-) ) ++Lar (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: tubing

Larry Pieniazek wrote... (...) I don't know of any problems (knock knock). If you would care to e-mail me your DAT (MPD) file, I will check it with L3Lab, L3P and POVRay. /Lars (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts

(...) THIS user of LDraw tools considers decorated torsos of GREAT value. I only wis they were all done or that there was an easier way to do what are essentially bitmaps tiled onto a flat surface. Too bad the LDraw standard didn't allow for tiling (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: "Step" mode for MLCad?

(...) Not really viable for me. I'm a mouser and I don't have the keyboard memory space to remember LEdit commands, although I have lots of visual memory space left to remember what MLCad icons mead. Plus running two different editors against the (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: "Step" mode for MLCad?

(...) [...] (...) Another (and I think better) way to check assembly steps is by putting it in view mode (F2) and clicking in the editing window to display the steps in sequence. For readjusting the fit of _many_ interior parts, I run LEdit at the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: "Step" mode for MLCad?

(...) Having this particular setting shortcutted (via a button on some toolbar, or via a cntl key sequence) would be very handy indeed. I find of the settings, this is the thing i turn on and off the most. I am OK with having to do a cntl-r to get (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: tubing

(...) OK, I have done a similar thing in my PCC which uses yellow tubing for handrails. the tubing needs to be 14 plates high so I changed the length -20 to -14*8 by hand in the mpd to get the length right, then moved/rotated the tubing around in (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Hide part in next and subsequent steps...

Is there a way to hide a part or parts in subsequent steps using mlcad...?.. If there is I am missing it.. Thanks Tom (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts selector on the left

OK! That did it. Thanks. (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts selector on the left

Maybe you changed the viewing angle?! Press right mouse-key in this view, select "View Angle" and in this sub-menu select "3D". Michael Jaco van der Molen <jmolen@globalxs.nl> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 39CB64BD.8174FADE@gl...alxs.nl... (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts selector on the left

(...) It's in the Change menu under Settings. Go to the Document tab and set the Default 3D rotation settings to X:23, Y:45, Z:0. This changes the view of the pieces on the left and the camera angle for saving bitmaps of you model. HTH John Gramley (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Parts selector on the left

Hi all, Why are the parts on the left suddenly shown from top? How do I put the view to 3D again? I cannot seem to find it in the settings. Greetingz... Sjaacko (24 years ago, 22-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact