 CAD / MLCad / 422
Re: "Step" mode for MLCad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 02:57:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ryan J. Farrington writes:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Dennis Osborn writes:
Hakan, look under "Settings", "Change", the "Rendering" tab, in the • Edit-Mode
Options box, click "Draw to selected part only".

[...]
When you are checking assembly steps, this is a must. When you are
readjusting
the fit of some interior part, this is a big timesaver (although not
a must).

Another (and I think better) way to check assembly steps is by putting it
in view mode (F2) and clicking in the editing window to display the steps
in sequence.

For readjusting the fit of _many_ interior parts, I run LEdit at the same
time as MLCad, since LEdit seems to draw the parts quicker.

Not really viable for me. I'm a mouser and I don't have the keyboard memory
space to remember LEdit commands, although I have lots of visual memory space
left to remember what MLCad icons mead. Plus running two different editors
against the same source at the same time is a big big accident waiting to
happen. So I won't be trying LEdit again, I found it hard to use back when I
first tried it and nothing has changed. Had that debate already. For some
people LEdit rocks. Not me.

Again, I think my original suggestion of a shortcut key in MLCad for this
command is a valid one not addresed by either of your suggestions although I
certainly thank you for making them. And I agree that view mode is a handy
thing for checking steps if you think you have them right already. When I am
checking steps I usually don't, though, and need to be in edit mode to move
parts around in the ordering.

++Lar