 CAD / MLCad / 1725
  Re: Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...

"Damien Guichard" <damien.guichard@wanadoo.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HHKMxB.225G@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) the (...) in a (...) So far I could find out, it doesn't effect loading much, I think it was something about 10% less then without this (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...

(...) Ok, the practical figures relativize the problem for everyday use. Thanks Michael. For the sake of sharing here is how I imagine a sorted point list. The sorted list is also implemented as an array, so points can be accessed by index for (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...

(...) <snip> Cool! Should perform a lot faster on searching I would expect 400 points? That seems low to me. Most of my models have more than that many elements! Even with shared vertices that seems low. (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...

(...) I guess points are shared only on a part basis, not on a model basis. So, 400 distinct points for a part is already a fair number. Thus I think the sorting technique I discuss is not candidate for implementation unless the ldraw library goes (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...

(...) Unfortunatly this is not true with files that have synthesized hoses and cables. They are quite large and take a *very long* time to load. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)