 CAD / MLCad / 1530
Re: Ropes, Flex Tubes, Rubber Bands, et. al.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:52:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Hi All,

I've been working diligently on LDrawing my Hudson 4-6-4 Steam Engine
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=217947), and am finally
running up against the seemingly impossible:

Is there a way to modify pieces so that they bend and curve?  So far, I've
replaced bent flex-tubing with the hose-segments, which is a pretty good
simulation (although the texture isn't quite right).  The real trick now is how
to simulate string, or rubber bands, or the like.  Are there any suggestions
for how one can customize the pieces appropriately?  Or, alternatively, is
there a means of ?drawing in? such pieces in an LDRAW-Compatible fashion?  As
you can see, there are a number of places in which making some sort of a
representation of curved pieces would really add to the overall effect ...

Any help, tutorials, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks in
advance ...

Here's a page with some tools for modeling rubber band belts.

And the missing link is:

  http://philohome.free.fr/rubberbelt/rubberbelts.htm