 CAD / MLCad / 1377
  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Hi Michael, I think we're making progress here, but I'd like to take a stab at speeding things up. I'd like to suggest the zlib license as one that could perhaps make everyone happy. I cut and pasted it here, replacing the word "software" with (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Note for onlookers: the key thing I get from Don's suggestion is that it reverses the "you may not distribute this spec" from Michael's document to "you can, and should, distribute this spec". Which, IMO, is a better approach. This information (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

Agreed ... the only thing I would like to make sure is that there are no out-dated versions hanging arround somewhere in the net. And I believe thats only possible if the spec can be downloaded from one single location. Do you think different about (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Put a version number and a publication date at the top of the spec along with a recommendation to visit your website for the most up to date version of the specification. You may even want to provide an email address and suggest people email (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Then again, if it's all in the "do not delete this notice" section, Michael's concerns will be addressed. Here's some suggested verbiage: (...) Steve (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Isn't the only reasonable way to handle that, to have clear version numbers on the specifications, as well as insisting that any »compatible with MLCAD« text includes the version number of the implemented specification? Play well, Jacob -- (...) (22 years ago, 14-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)