 CAD / MLCad / 1188 (-5)
  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) Actually, it was the Quicktime viewer that drives Myst III that got me started down this path. I couldn't figure out how to get the image into Quicktime. But I found this applet from an answer to a question I posted to the Yahoo povray egroup. (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) The spherical camera did everything. No splicing. (...) Disneyworld is the coolest! -Chuck (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) I found the same applet over the holidays and coudn't wait to try it! (...) Did you have to manipulate the image at all to get the projection correct? I used the panoramic camera for my images. It would only take 180 degrees, so I rendered two (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

Hey, QuickTime will do the exact same thing. QuickTime isn't just a movie player, it is a media wrapper. And virtual reality images is just another media supported. It will do full cubic panos like the castle, hot spots like the castle (I think it (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3D Myst III viewer of a castle

(...) Chuck, That was it, works awesome! You've made my week by posting this, thanks again! Later, Gary (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact