 CAD / MLCad / *2068 (-20)
  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) Hi Don, Using MLCad as a benchmark, the name with blanks is *not* enclosed in quotes. I use the remainder of the line, sans end of line as the file name. Alas, my efforts are for naught. L3P quietly ignores the lines that have names with (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I think you made the right decision, but I have a question. Do the filenames with embedded spaces have quotes around them, or do they just use up all the space to the end of the LDRAW type 1 command line? The reason I ask is because I seem to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

In lugnet.cad, Allan Bedford wrote: snip (...) snip (...) snip (...) Allan, Your opinions are valued. Thanks. I decided to take the pragmatic way out, and adjust my parsing to support file names with blanks. I think that warnings will lead to just (...) (19 years ago, 8-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: MLCAD 'FIND' function

Hi Ludo, "ludo soete" <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:IEBCD9.1zAH@lugnet.com... (...) 'Find' (...) You mean a find function inside the model, instead of a find function in the library right? Basically this is possible. I'll (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) You are right, but the error handling problem is larget than just blanks in file names. All of this boils down to the wimpy method that LPub uses to parse LDraw files. If you type in a meta-command “0 LPUB PIL”, rather than “0 LPUB PLI”, lpub (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I apologize in advance if this is a stupid solution but what about this: Is there a way for you to check for spaces in the file name as lpub attempts to open it? If so, can you then abort the file open process and throw a pop-up message that (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) Hi Allan, In light of this article: (URL) I now have a dilema on this topic. Add code that makes me compatible with MLCad but violating the specification, or leave it as is and explain to people that MLCad does allow blanks in file names, but (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Trans-clear?

(...) Hi Raj, The colour number for trans-white is 47. If you're using MLCad, you can choose it by clicking the "more" button on the colours toolbar, then scrolling down to find it. The trans colours are on the second page. Hope this helps. ROSCO (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Trans-clear?

Newbie question here...is there a Trans-clear color on MLCAD, and if so, how does one choose it? Thanks. Raj (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD 'FIND' function

(...) If you know the LDraw part number, you can do a text search for the part but that doesn't necessarily help you in the context of finding it in your model. I have used that to change colors of certain parts and things like that. (...) I think (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD 'FIND' function

Hi Michael, I'm working on a 'large' building with over 4000 pieces. Now i would like to find a single piece in my drawing, and looked for a 'Find' function. There seems to be no 'Find' function available in MLCAD V3.11. Is there a possibility to (...) (19 years ago, 2-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotating Gear Teeth

(...) there's actually two ways of doing smaller rotations:- 1: Edit>Rotate>Keyboard Entry... You will then get the 'Position and Orientation' window. You can use either the 'Use Rotational Vector Values' or 'Use Rotational Matrix Values' methods (...) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Rotating Gear Teeth

(...) Hi Mitchell, Yes. It is possible to turn a 24th gear using MLCad. When you click on the gear (placed in the X/Y plane), you should see a small black square with a plus in it. This is MLCad's rotation point. If the rotation point is in the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Rotating Gear Teeth

In MLCad, is there a way to rotate the gear teeth of the 24 tooth gear by employing the "Z" element toolbar commands? The "Z" rotation command rotates the teeth for 8, 16, and 40 tooth gears, but only the internal bar and four holes rotate inside (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) Since LPub is not a renderer, it in fact does deal with models. Buffer exchange in LPub saves/restores the model up to the buffer exchange, not the images from steps. (...) This gets tricky...... I don't know how you can create a new group (...) (19 years ago, 13-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) Hi Michael, Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I use buffer exchange *alot*, and it works well for some cases, but not others. In the 8455 model, you start putting a hose in step 8, but you don't have enough of the model to hook up the other end of (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) Yeah, in his first post Kevin said you could use Buffer Exchange and Ghost to acheive the effect, but it's not easy. This might be because those commands work on a series of images, but he's more comfortable thinking in terms of manipulating (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:ID5A6J.190M@lugnet.com... (...) they can (...) very hard (...) previous (...) For that I've introduced the BUFFER EXCHANGE command, see developer specification on my web-page (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) If this could be realised, were really there! I'd love to see this feature. Jaco (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Things that are hard to do with LDraw and building instructions

(...) Michael, Is this something you would be interested in adding to MLCad? I could add it as an LPUB meta-command, but it would be best if it were an MLCAD meta-command that LPub supports. Kevin (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact