  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

(...) This is a complex issue. The thing is, what is easy to click together with Lego could be difficult with LDraw. I would say LDraw uses submodels much more often than Lego would in its instructions. Say for example an angled wing assembly like (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

(...) All LDraw submodels that are not official sub-models can be inlined and then the separate parts moved around to keep the order of attaching pieces correct. Ideally, an instruction generator should be able to go through the main DAT file and (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

(...) Good solution to this problem. We are assuming that these models will not be edited or modified or if they are very little, right? The idea of this repository is to give people access to the files so they can look at them in LDraw and if they (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

(...) Ok, can a model larger than 8.3 be *viewed* in LEdit? I'm not talking about editing, but just viewing. Try opening a file you have named bigger than 8.3 in LEdit and see what happens. If it works, then lets just screw the 8.3 system. -Tim (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

(...) This is a good reason not to let 8.3 filenames cripple the namespace. --Todd (25 years ago, 12-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)