Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 22:08:15 GMT

At 10:13 PM 6/12/99 +0000, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, tim@zacktron.com (Tim Courtney) writes:
Then again, making the models editible is not our responsibility.  Our
responsibility is offering accurate duplications of TLG models in LDraw.

This is a good reason not to let 8.3 filenames cripple the namespace.

Ok, can a model larger than 8.3 be *viewed* in LEdit?  I'm not talking
about editing, but just viewing.  Try opening a file you have named bigger
than 8.3 in LEdit and see what happens.  If it works, then lets just screw
the 8.3 system.

-Tim Courtney
ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org