Re: ldraw.org Model of the Month
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:01:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Adrian Drake writes:

You're basically looking for the same voting script that Todd uses on lugnet's
cool site of the week page (http://www.lugnet.com/cool/), right?  Why not just
ask him for the source and adapt it to your uses?

If a "list of what was chosen, selected or inputted as text, mailed to a
specified address" sort of form result is sufficient for your uses, you needn't
even do that.

See:

http://my.voyager.net/lar/factor_info_form.html

and view source for the page, or copy the page to your own server and hack.

You will learn how to use existing (unsupported) LUGNET facilities to create a
form of your own that can have responses mailed to an address you specify.
Hopefully I commented it well enough to determine how to modify it for your own
use. Make sure you change the destination address before you do much playing
with it

That may be sufficient. It is for me, for now.

Followups to publish? Offtopic.geek? I dunno.