Re: ldraw.org Model of the Month
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 17:41:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
Yet another mini-project that can enhance ldraw.org...

I remember talking about the Model of the Month feature and plans for it,
but discussion fizzled.  I think we can get this up and running in a few
days if we recall what was discussed and if someone can write a small
voting program for it.

We could do an actual model of the month competition where people submit an
LDLite or POVRay rendering for voting on an ldraw.org page.  The model with
the most votes can be displayed on the main page for the one month period
of time.  That model will have a larger page devoted to it linked to off
the main page with a description, author info, tools, etc...  And past
winner models could be archived off the voting page.

You're basically looking for the same voting script that Todd uses on lugnet's
cool site of the week page (http://www.lugnet.com/cool/), right?  Why not just
ask him for the source and adapt it to your uses?

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html