Re: LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2010-03 beta
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 17 May 2011 10:52:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
Hi,

since the old AIOI dates back to 2006 I thought that's high time to compile a
new one:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LDraw_AIOI_2010-03_setup_32bit.zip

The installer does all kind of things, which are listed below in detail. This is
a 32-bit-only but it works great on my Win7 64bit. I would appreciate if you
could test this on your machines and let me know if it works flawless. If your
running into problems please send me the "LDraw Setup Log.txt" log-file you can
find in your LDraw root folder along with some data about the computer you've
run the setup on.

Many thx, w.

(trimmed feature list)

This sounds really nifty and I echo the praise others have heaped on you for
taking this task on!

I have a "mostly" working installation of many (but not all) of these tools that
has accreted over a long time. It's not completely standard. Is this installer
capable of updating an existing installation or is it mostly intended for brand
new users?

If I want to test it, what's the best way to do so given that I might want to
roll back to what I had before but not actually uninstall everything?