Re: what are the rules about hoses etc?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 00:41:50 GMT

On Sun, 25 Jul 1999 23:52:41 GMT "Ryan Dennett" <dennett@agate.net>
writes:
                                  ^^^^
You finally fixed the email address! ;)

Of course you have to do the hoses. I don't think that in making the
hoses they have to be as shown, but as long as they go from correct • point
A to correct point B, and don't interfere with any other pieces(going
through them) it should be acceptable.

If it goes from the right point to the right point, it should end up
looking pretty much like the real hose anyway.

I don't think they should be a separate sub-file unless
they are in the instructions. What would be nice though is when you
inline(this is an instance where it makes sense to inline) them, leave
the inline code intact so it would be easy to take the hoses out if
wanted.

I think you should keep the as a sub-file because in the instructions,
the hose is added all at once, not in tiny sections.  The hose sub-file
is more of a custom part than a sub-model.  Also, if there are two
mirrored hoses, it makes more sense to just create one sub-file and
mirror the call to that sub-file instead of mirroring the entire file.
Did I lose you?
--Bram