    Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Damien Guichard
   (...) Hi Travis, It's good to know you still think about adding even more features to LDView. At some feature-complete point many programmers prefer to switch to a newer thus more exiting development rather than cherrish and grow the baby. However, (...) (18 years ago, 14-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

        Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi Travis, I have to second Damien's view but I can think of a possible way around it. If you were to download the unofficial parts into a distinct directory (eg. in the ldview dir tree) and then call them from there it would allow an (...) (18 years ago, 14-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

         Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Travis Cobbs
     (...) They'd definitely go into a special directory. (Right now in my development code that directory is u_parts in the ldraw dir. It would probably become "Unofficial Parts", or something similar, since LDView isn't going to work on a system that (...) (18 years ago, 14-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Travis Cobbs
   (...) I can definitely see where you're coming from, and there's certainly a danger that having a viewer transparently support unofficial parts will encourage their use without being included inside the MPD file. Having said that, I see a whole lot (...) (18 years ago, 14-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

        Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Dean Earley
   (...) Can this be an option as I review all my "unofficial parts in development" with LDView :D Thanks (18 years ago, 15-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Travis Cobbs
   (...) Any error or warning in LDView can be disabled simply by unchecking the appropriate type from the list on the errors and warnings dialog box. Additionally, warnings aren't displayed at all by default. You have to check the "Show warnings" (...) (18 years ago, 15-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)