  Re: No mention of scale in file format doc

(...) You're probably right. The strictest definition is 1 LDU equals 1/20 the width of a 1x1 brick (whatever that measurement turns out to be). -Orion (19 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: No mention of scale in file format doc

(...) I beg to differ. The width of a 1x1 brick is not the same as the spacing between two stud centres. Bricks have a small gap between them, whereas studs are very accurately placed on any brick with more than 1 stud. The LDU unit should be (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: No mention of scale in file format doc

(...) No, Orion is correct -- for LDraw. By definition, LDraw parts have no gap. 1-stud-wide bricks are 20 LDU - exactly. We *really* don't want to get into a game of trying model real-world dimensions in great detail. That it, unless someone can (...) (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: No mention of scale in file format doc

(...) I agree but Stefan gave a compelling argument for 1 LDU = 4 mm so I changed the draft proposal. -Orion (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: No mention of scale in file format doc

(...) Thanks! I'll leave that article up indefinitely, in case the subject comes up again. (Funny how my work always comes into my Lego hobby. Or is it the other way around? I can never tell. I guess I'm just a Lego person.) Stefan (19 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)